MiCRA’s resources page contains several CE opportunities (both free and fee based).
Free Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
“Let’s Catch Up: A Tumor Registry Guide for the 2020 Commission on Cancer Standards”
Friday October 2, 2020 from 10am – 12pm
Sara Morel, CTR-MidMichigan Health (no disclosures)
NCRA 2 approved credits: NCRA #: 2020-101
- To review the 2020 Commission on Cancer Standards so that CTRs can gain knowledge for how to achieve and maintain compliance.
- To review the new 2020 Commission on Cancer Reporting Templates so there is awareness of what is required to be documented.
- Provide examples of MidMichigan Health templates for tracking cancer data related to the 2020 Commission on Cancer Standards.
- Current calendar year 2020 modules with CE credits can be found under “Practical Application Tests” under the “Training Menu” and include:
- Dx 2018 EOD & Summary Stage
- Dx 2018 Grade
- Dx 2018 Heme
- Dx 2018 MP/H for melanoma & other sites
- Dx 2018 Solid Tumor Rule
- Dx 2018 SSDI
- There is also a CTR prep section with multiple-choice tests. These tests cover all the content in the source material used to prepare for the CTR exam. There are not CEs available for this section; however, this is a great resource for anyone preparing to take the CTR exam.
NAACCR Monthly Webinars
- Each webinar provides 3 hours of continuing education (CE) credits with site-specific webinars meeting the Category A requirements, this includes the boot camp and coding pitfalls webinars
- These webinars are provided FREE OF CHARGE to Michigan Cancer Registrar Association members
NAACCR 2020 Virtual Conference
The conference will be presented via zoom conferencing June 23rd – June 25th. Each day will consist of a 2-hour AM session (11-1ET) and 2-hour PM session (2-4ET). All other sessions are based on Plenary Session topics originally scheduled for the NAACCR 2020 Annual Conference.
- AM Session: Future Directions In Cancer Surveillance Standards and Data Collection
- PM Session: Advances In Pediatric Cancer and Surveillance
- AM Session: Social Determinants and Cancer
- PM Session: NAACCR Business Meeting
- AM Session: Cancer Informatics
- PM Session: NCI/NAACCR Zone Design for Cancer Reporting Project and CDC Pilot Project to Visualize Cancer Data at the Sub-County Level
Registration is free. A single registration is all that is required for all 6 sessions. A reminder email will be sent prior to each session. However, the same link can be used for all 6 sessions. We have applied for 2 CEs for each session (except for the Business Meeting).
CAnswer Forum LIVE
- Hosted by the American College of Surgeons, these are approximately bi-monthly 60-minute webinars answering pre-submitted questions and conveying important information from Cancer Programs about upcoming events and clarifications and updates on the standards (worth 1 CE hour each)
- Available as both live webinars and recordings
himagine Tumor Talk Webinars
- Occur approximately once a quarter
- Hour long webinars on various cancer registry topics and coding tips
CEs available for LIVE webinars ONLY
PAID Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
NCRA’s Cancer Registry Education
- Quizzes, online courses, learning modules, live webinars and recorded webinars ranging from $25 to $50 for NCRA members ($35 to $75 for non-members)
- Earned CEs are automatically documented on CTR Re-Certification Form for NCRA Members
Tip: look for sales announced in NCRA’s email newsletters for 50% to 75% off.
NAACCR CTR Exam Preparation and Review Webinar Series
- The NAACCR CTR Exam Preparation & Review Webinar Series offers online interactive instruction with live instructors. The course includes eight 2-hour sessions carefully prepared to reflect the changes to the 2020 CTR exam.
- A subscription for the course is $195 per participant. This includes “live” lectures presented by experienced instructors, Q&A sessions, study materials, online quizzes, and a timed practice test. If a participant is unable to attend one of the live sessions, she/he may stream a recording of the live session and watch the session whenever time allows.
- For more information, to view the syllabus, or to register see the NAACCR CTR Prep and Review page at naaccr.org/ctr.
- Our next series will be in preparation of the October testing window. We will not host a series prior to the newly scheduled September testing window.